If your like me and prefer to both have full control over our library view and not be forced to see an advertisement banner at the top of it, then your probably looking to get rid of this “whats new” banner at the top of your steam library.
Disclaimer: Apparently steam updates have rendered the success of this strategy inconsistent. While it still works for me, it doesn’t for everyone.
- Open the steam directory, which is the folder that contains “steam.exe”
- Right click on the “Resource” folder, then copy it.
- Open the “skins” Folder
- Create a new folder. You can name it anything you like, this will be the name of the Steam skin we make.
- Inside our new folder paste the “resource” folder we copied in step 2
- Open the newly pasted “resource” folder
- Find and open the “webkit.css” file in a text editor
- Paste or type the following code into the top of the file
display: none !important;
9. Save and close the file
10. Open Steam
11. Click the “Steam” button in the top left of Steam
12. Click “Settings”
13. Select the “interface” window
14. Click on “< Default Skin >”
15. Select the skin we just made.
16. Restart Steam
17. Checkout your new cleaner library view free of advertisements
Checkout the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/EuWnMBXpeOI